Saturday, June 15, 2013

Sarah Cleans Up

A couple of weekends ago, we were busy getting ready for company to come over for Memorial Day.  I was going through the house and packing away things we no longer needed hanging around, like Sarah's jumperoo.  But lets back up, when I am in "Everything must be cleaned, lest anyone think my baseboards aren't always shiny mode" I get a little sporadic (spastic).  Like if I'm in the middle of dusting and remember that I need to clean the stove, I'll run and start the oven cleaning then come back to and finish the dusting.  But that's neither here or there, just setting the backdrop for the type of day it was around here.  So Sarah is really good at playing by herself sometimes and we had spent the morning playing with every toy imaginable.  So our house looked like a typical house with a toddler, toys covering the floor wall to wall.

Sarah is in several toddler phases right now, one of which being "monkey see, monkey do" another being "fill and spill".  So these two things combined to her "helping" me clean.  I was busy cleaning who knows what and I look up to see Sarah very busily putting all of the toys from the floor into the jumperoo.  She was very purposeful and intent and I have to admit, it made me pretty proud to see her concentration and helpfulness.  It took me a few minutes before I thought to pull out the camera and capture the moment.  I'm still super bad about documenting things, so I'm pretty proud of myself for remembering...

Here are a few pictures...

That's a pretty good little pile

Looking good

Working hard
The finished product
And there were a few things that were taken out and added, so there is a little discrepancy between what was in at some point and what was in there by the end.  But here is a picture of what all was in there...



Puzzle Board & (5) Pieces, Snack Cup, Music Box, Dumbo, (2) Balls, (2) Books, Train Whistle, (5) Peek A Blocks (1) Pooh Block, (2) Animal Puzzle Pieces, Lucky, Blankie & Bear, Oh! and a couple Cheerios

I also thought to get a little video...





I hope you enjoy this little glimpse into one of our toddler days!  Do your toddlers do anything that catches you by surprise?

No comments:

Post a Comment