Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Sarah's 1st Birthday

Okay, in a burst of sudden blogging motivation... I bring you another blog!  Want to know how Sarah's first birthday went down?!  Me Too!!  Just kidding, I was there, but I'll share it with all of you who weren't here to celebrate with her...

So first things first.  In order to have a party, there have to be invitations...

 
 
 

 
I went through a website to order her custom invitations and decorations.  I've included the back of the invitation in case this design tickles your fancy and you want to use their website for any future birthday's you may be planning.  They have all kinds of stuff, and after using them, I can highly recommend!

We wanted to keep her birthday pretty simple.  Mostly family with a few friends.  I heard a rule about kids birthday's that the number of kids should equal same number as the child is turning.  So Sarah was turning one, and we had one other baby attend.  I think it kept her from being overwhelmed.  It was really sweet actually, because as people arrived, she didn't know what to do with all her favorite people in one place all focused on her!  I know she felt special!

The night before the party I set about decorating the space we would use for her party.  I don't know why but the night before her party I got so excited.  There is just something about a child's first birthday that is so incredibly special.  It's the first day just for them, to celebrate the little person that they have become, and to insert a little more magic in their childhood.  I still get teary eyed still when I think about it.  Anyway, I wanted to decorate after she went to bed so when she woke up, it would be transformed magically into a celebration... I'm not very good at the documenting, but I did get a couple of set up shots...

 
 
We also had colorful table clothes on all the tables and some things dangling down around the food, but in true-to-me fashion, I didn't take pictures.  I really need to work on remember the camera.  Anyway, the next morning I blew up a bunch of helium balloons and made four low bunches that I put around the room.  I made them just long enough that from Sarah's view point they were high, but that she could pull down and play with.  It was her first exposure to balloons, and I wanted it to be a fun experience. I also didn't get a shot of those or the finished product... drats!
 
After I got everything set up, (and Sarah had her morning nap), we took her over to see her party space.  Like I said earlier, it was important to me to not overwhelm her too much, so I tried to ease her into her party, rather than have it hit her in the face all at once.  I have a video of her coming into the room, but I haven't had time to edit it and get it up, but it will be coming soon. 
 
Not long after I introduced her to the space, people started showing up, and it was time to get her dressed in her special first party outfit.  I started her out in a headband, but quickly changed that out for her party hat, which she happily wore the rest of the time.  Here are a few shots of her outfit...
 


 
And now for a photo bomb of pictures from the party... Ready... Go!!!






(Obviously me and blogger had a war over photo placement, and I believe I lost.  Grrr...)
Moving right along we come to the all important photo's of her cake(s).  I commissioned Publix to do a custom design that matched her theme.  I think they did a fantastic job!  Plus Publix cake is so yummy.  The big cake was chocolate with whipped icing, and her smash cake was strawberry with whipped and butter cream frosting.




 
Yay for 1st birthday's and cute birthday girls!  I know she had an absolute ball!  She opened all of her presents herself, was surrounded by people who love her dearly and got to eat lots of ice cream!  (She didn't really care for the cake, but she got sneaky and was getting ice cream from me and her two grandma's ~ she LOVES the stuff!)  I think the party lasted the perfect amount of time, and boy did she sleep good that night.  I love this little one so stinking much and I can't wait for next year's party.  I already have idea's rolling around in my head of what we will do!
 
 
Whoops!  What party is complete without a goodie bag!?  Here's what we put in Sarah's bags and what the presentation looked like...
 
 
Inside there was a sheet of stickers, two rubber ducks with a "1" on them, a party blow out, bubbles, and crayons shaped like cupcakes.  All fairly age appropriate and fun for 1 years olds to play with.  I also had lots of snacks available for toddlers, so they had their own section on the food table.  Again, I failed to document.  Well guys, I think this is it for me tonight.  It is way too late for me to be attempting to blog, so forgive any mistakes you see!  I love you all and will be back for more mommy blogs soon!  Happy Birthday Sarah!







No comments:

Post a Comment