Friday, January 6, 2012

That Moment

I finally had that moment.  You know that moment when you can actually picture yourself with a cute little bundle of joy.  Up till this point, she's been sort of an ideal, not really based in my reality.  Sure I've loved being pregnant, and I've always wanted children, but I haven't been able to picture myself with a baby all my own.  When I see a baby I think to myself "I hope I have a baby one day" instead of "gee I'm having a baby soon".  So while I've been preparing and going through the emotions associated with becoming a parent, I couldn't picture her.  I'm not sure if I am explaining this very well... but I'm writing this post more to remind myself of this moment.

You see, I have been thinking about her a lot lately.  (I wonder why!?) And I've wondered what it will be like when she gets here.  I've been preparing for the sleepless nights and hard work and even being ok with all the gross stuff that apparently baby's do.  But I haven't really been picturing all the wonderful things that are headed my way.  I guess I've been pretty practical when it comes to having her.  But the other night, I was browsing in a baby section checking out those bouncy activity centers, when I could actually picture her playing in one.  Like see her little body and face and hear her giggles, and I got excited!  Like giddy almost!  It really dawned on me that I'm going to have a beautiful wonderful baby all my own.  I won't have to share her with anyone (of course that's a misstatement, but you know what I mean...)  I'll be "mom".  I'll get to hold her as long as I want.  I'll be the one she wants for comfort.  I'll be the one she's passed back to when she gets a little fussy and makes whoever is holding her uncomfortable.  It's going to me, no... it's going to be us!  And I can't wait until she gets here!  It's going to be so cool watching her learn and explore and grow.  I can't wait to teach her things and learn new life lessons myself.

I have one of the best things in life headed my direction soon and I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas!  It's made even better by the fact that Mike and I are a strong team, our families are a strong support system and this little one will be loved beyond measure!  I know God has created another one his masterpieces in her and I can't wait for the reveal.  It's going to be awesome, epic, (I need a bigger word here)!!!  Stay tuned, it's gonna get good!

No comments:

Post a Comment