Saturday, February 4, 2012

Live From The Hospital

We interrupt your regular scheduled blog to bring you a breaking news story... We're having a baby!  That's right ladies and gentlemen, sometime in the near(ish) future Baby Gill will make her grand appearance.  Shocking I know! And how am I able to bring you this exciting news update? Because I am in a waiting/holding pattern right now...
Here's the scoop:
Last night around 4:25 I awoke to my water breaking.  Let me just say, gush of water my butt!!  More like the Ocoee River.  Raging Rapids of water that haven't seemed to fully stop. TMI?  Yeah, for me too!  But if you want to know the truth about spontanious water breakage, there you go.  (So happy I wasn't in public!)  Anyway, I awoke Mike along the lines of "Oh My Gosh! Oh My Gosh! OH MY GOSH!"  Him in his groggy state is asking me what is wrong, but I couldn't stop saying "Oh My Gosh" long enough to tell him what was happening...  I got out I think my water broke, he took one look and agreed and I fled to the bathroom.  Where I proceeded to stay while giving him intructions on what we needed to still pack and get into the car.  Gotta love boys, I asked him to grab my slippers and he asked me which ones? My gray slip on flats or a pair of clogs? Um neither. I want slippers, the fuzzy ones right there... but he did good on all the other stuff...

We woke up my sister on the way out the door and made it to the hospital around 5:15 AM.  Not a lot of traffic that time of the morning, so a very easy ride in.  Anyway, back at the hospital we get checked in and checked by triage and sure enough contractions had started (I couldn't feel them) and I was dialated to 2-3 cm.  Yup Baby Gill is on the way!  We get moved to a Labor and Delivery room, where we've been patiently awaiting her arrival.  Of course, somewhere in the haze of events everyone in our families were notified...
They started me on Pitocin pretty early to try to get things really rolling, but have had a hard time finding the right medium for dosage.  They were slowly increasing it when my body was also trying to do it naturally, so they backed it off to nearly nothing, and now we're on the increase again...
I've had an epidural put in.  So I have feeling and movement in my legs, but really can't feel any contractions.  I allowed a student to place my epi, which made me nervous, but I think she did a good job, just say a little prayer it stays like that... having something in my spine makes me nervous enough already... Here's hoping for no side effects!  And the experience of having it placed, not fun.  I'm still swollen, which includes my back, so that was interesting, and the "dull pressure" is more like "lots of pressure you can feel".  But the end result, awesome!  Definately recommend if you're on the fence.
Ok so onto the stats, we are currently 70% effaced and dialated to 6 cm... Still could be awhile before she comes, but we're making progress.  In some ways I'm thankful she's 2 weeks early, it means I can (hopefully) avoid a c-section (yay!)
I don't know that I'll be updating much for the rest of the day, but there's an update straight from Baptist Hospital.  Keep us in your thoughts and prayers!!!
Come on baby girl!  We can't wait to meet you and love you so much already!!!

1 comment:

  1. Your Arlington church family is lifting you up right now. We can't wait to meet baby Gill!

    ReplyDelete