Monday, August 13, 2012

Changes.

This post is somewhat out of place here, but I'm going to write it anyway. (Mostly because I need an outlet right about now.)  So sorry if you're looking for a post on pregnancy or baby related.  I'll get back to posting those in the near(ish) future.

Currently, my little corner of the world is going topsy turvy.  You know how they say you go through seasons of change in your life?  Well, that's my life in a nutshell right now.  And to be quite frank and honest, I'm not exactly sure how to proceed at the moment.  So let's just start with the biggest thing that is on my mind and emotions currently.

My sister is moving across the country.  Now, those of you know me or know us, know that there have been huge chunks of our adult lives spent away from one another, I've lived in Italy for two years, she's spent more than one summer away at various National Parks.  We went to college hours away from one another.  But for the last 6(ish) years we have lived together.  We spent time away doing our various life pursuits and found ourselves back in Nashville and it worked out to live together. 

Um, I'm not even sure how to put into words the type of teeter totter emotions I feel about her moving so far away right now.  On the one side, I'm so incredibly happy for her.  I just know that her new city and state are going to fit her like a glove.  I can honestly say that I don't think she'd ever choose Tennessee has her home if her family wasn't here.  She is heading off to grad school to become qualified to do the things she was meant to do in life.  I genuinely believe she is going to find mountains and mountains of happiness there, doing things she loves and being surrounded by people who share the same passion(s) she does.  I don't want to say too much on what her future endevours will be because I haven't asked her permission to share it with my handful of readers...  So for this side of emotions I'm elated for her.  I really really REALLY think this is going to be so positive for her.

But then there is my selfish self-centered side that wants to grab her leg and beg her not to go!  I want to tell her to stay here and hang out with me.  I can totally take up hiking and backpacking... Okay maybe that's not really my thing, but we can work out some sort of system involving hiking through the mall or setting up a tent in the back yard  Ooooh!  I can build her a forest in the living room, who loves card board and tissue paper!?!.  I can talk her round, right?...  But I know that wouldn't be fair to her.  So my heart hurts a little(lot) at the thought of losing her right now.  I know that I'll adjust to a new routine and a new living situation and all that, but it's more the loss of my best friend that makes me so sad.  She knows how to read me and we have too many inside jokes and references that anyone else would think I'm crazy.  See I don't really hang out with many people, okay, I don't hang out with anyone.  But we always found stuff to do together.  We would take Sarah to the zoo or a pretty garden or go shopping or to some fun craft fair. We made "fun" together.  Plus, I can't even put into words the emotions I feel when I get past myself and factor in Sarah.  I really can't even get into that... I've been sitting here trying to put words to it and there are none... but I know that she knows what I mean.  Plus, who is going to teach Sarah the right words to songs?  We all know I'm lyrically challenged.

But again, I'm so so SO excited about this new chapter in her life and I know we'll keep in touch.

Which brings me to the next major change in my life.  We moved this weekend.  Mike and I have decided to live together and finally become a more traditional family unit.  We feel this is very important for both Haley and Sarah (and us too).  We've been talking about it for awhile now and it's finally happened.  Yes, we are still on team "let's get married sometime" but as life goes, sometimes you do things out of order.  This another one of those things.  Really we're just working backward.  Haha!  This has been a long time coming and we both feel like it's time.  Actually we feel it's a little past time, but we're at a great place.  We've been together five years and really feel we know how to communicate with one another and can read each other enough to really make it work.  Well not just work, but be good.  We've weathered A LOT of rocky times together and know that we're in it together.  But, as we all know, officially living together brings on more adjustments.  I don't think these will be that hard or difficult, just different.  Another major change in life.

Then there are little changes going on right now.  I've been at my current job for about a year and half.  The woman who trained me and is my crutch at work has announced that she will be leaving the end of August.  She is moving out of state to be with her family.  I don't know about you, but a year and half at a job is not really long enough to know every little thing or all the little random things that don't always come up... so I'm a little nervous for her to leave.  When she's gone I'll be the only Admin left here.  Yikes!!!

So to re-cap:
-Sister/Best friend moving across the country
-Living with boy becoming family unit
-Work/job uncertainty

Plus all the little things that change... I am just a little unhinged or maybe it's exhaustion from the three day moving marathon... but yeah, definately a season of change new beginnings all the way around.

No comments:

Post a Comment