Wednesday, September 7, 2011

SweetTart Jelly Bean Invasion

My boss loves a good practical joke.  I was recently the target of one of his pranks.  Here's how it went down:


The Set Up:  A coworker called me over to her desk to ask for help on an Excel spreadsheet.  Leaving my cubicle open for a pending attack.


The Prank:  12 bags of SweetTart Jelly Beans invaded my space while I was gone.  They found their way into drawers, shelves, on my desk, under my desk, behind my computer, under my phone etc...  It was a well thought out and planned attack.  The Jelly Beans had organized.


The Prankster:  My boss, John


The Back Story:  When a new employee starts at our company it is a tradition they have an interview with HR.  HR then sends around a flyer of unique facts about them as an introduction.  On my flyer it listed SweetTart Jelly Beans as my favorite candy.  If you've never had these treats, you are missing out!  They are only available at Easter and are never one of the candies that go on clearance because they've always sold out long before.  Anyway, when my boss found out I was pregnant he began searching for these treats for me.  Not an easy task as they are certainly not in season in August.  After a lot of searching on the internet, he was able to find a vendor online that had them in stock and available to ship.  He ordered me a 7 month supply which I turned out to be a dozen bags.  If you never seen 12 bags of jelly beans, that's a lot of candy!!!  When I asked him how and why he did this, he said I should have my favorite candy during my pregnancy in case I got a craving, so he wanted to make sure I had these on hand, just in case. 


I work at an amazing company full of wonderful people and am truly blessed to be working in this environment.  The fact that I have a boss who would go so far above and beyond is amazing.  I hope that everyone gets to work at a company like this at some point in their lives!

But in case you become the target of a future attack or you find yourself amongst the Jelly Beans:

You've been warned!  It's too late for me, but you can still save yourself...

No comments:

Post a Comment