Tuesday, October 18, 2011

It's A...

Okay I know I've been slacking in putting up the results of our Gender Reveal Party Sunday night.  Before I let all of you in on the not so little secret anymore, I wanted to write a bit about how the party went.  I wish I had taken some pictures of all the decoration's I made for the party, but it just got away from me.  I always seem to think I'll have time for that before a party starts, but ineveitably I'm working and perfecting things right up until guests start arriving.

We invited our immediate family to share in the big moment of finding out what our sweet little baby will be.  I made invitations and sent them around asking guests to come dressed in blue or pink depending on what they thought or hoped baby Gill would be.  Here is a list of who came and their color choice:

Team Pink:
Me - The Mom
Haley - The Big Sister
Mike - My Dad
Bethany - My Sister
Jessea - My Sister-In-Law

Team Blue:
Mike - The Dad
Judy - My Mom
David - Mike's Brother
Braden - David's son and 1st cousin of baby Gill
Todd - Mike's Brother
Charity - Todd's Fiance
Cherry - Mike's Sister
Jennifer - Cherry's daughter and 1st cousin of baby Gill
Danny - My Brother
Melissa - Haley's Mom

Team Green:
Sue - Mike's Mom (In fairness she did wear both a blue and pink ribbon)

The blue team definately outnumbered the pink team.  We had pizza, fruit and veggies for everyone to eat and socialize before we did our one activity.  I had special ordered blue and pink soda's from Jones Soda that I had our baby's ultrasound picture put on with a little poem on the back.  Definately a hit at the party!  I think more than one person took their bottle home with them and I kept 2 bottles (a pink and a blue) as a keepsake for our little one.

So after we all had full bellies we broke down some tables and got ready for the one activity that I had planned.  I looked up a bunch of wives tales online and fashioned some questions so that we could tally the results before we opened the box that contained our card that contained our baby's gender.  Anyways, my dad asked the questions and the tally's for a little girl rapididly stacked up.  It got to the point where everytime another tally would go up there'd be a slight sigh and all our team blue people were hoping the next question would have an answer that pointed to boy.  It was a lot of fun!



Finally the big moment arrived.  You could cut the anticipation with a knife.  My heart was pounding, Mike's heart was pounding, it had all come down to this moment.  After waiting so long, it almost didn't seem real that we would know in a matter of seconds what our baby would be...  I let Mike open the box that contained the card.  For some reason I had gotten really possesive of the card and wanted to be the one to open it, selfish I know!  We get the card out and I open the envelope and read the card to everyone.  Now I can't take credit for the poem as I got it off a forum but here is the card:


Big Drumroll Please.....
tatatatatatatatatatatatatatata
tatatatatatatatatatatatatata
............................................



So there you go!  Baby Gill is Little Girl!  Baby Girl Gill the Sequel!  So excited to finally know and be able to start shopping for cute little girl things.  And I know some of you are asking yourselves how Mike took it.  He is as excited as ever about this little girl and says he's not disappointed at all!  So yay!  Thanks to everyone who came to the party and a big shout out to my co-worker Diane who locked the card away from me to keep me from peeking before the party and for wrapping the box.  She did a fantastic job :D


And I just found out my sister video'd the moment of our reveal, check it out on her blog at:



I hope this link works :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment