Friday, October 28, 2011

Halloween Baby

**Warning this post contains pictures from inside of me**

A few weeks ago I wrote a post stating that we have had an ultrasound at every single one of our appointments.  Well, that streak was broken yesterday at our 24 weeks check-up.  But because of all our ultrasounds, I've had a hodge podge of ultrasound pictures, some of them great and some of them that look like a blurry mess.  It amazes me how magical the ultrasounds are to watch, but the pictures just don't do it justice.  Probably because you can't see her move in pictures or watch her little heart pumping.  We have a DVD from our 20 week ultrasound that I find myself watching whenever I've had a stressful day.  There's just something about seeing our sweet little baby moving around in her own little world that is very calming to me.

Anyway, back to the point.  With Halloween approaching I have decided to share some of her pictures with you.  They are taken from different weeks and check-ups but needless to say she's going to be a skeleton this year:

                                     
19.5 Weeks
This is the full view of her "costume"

16.5 Weeks
Here is a close up of her head and "mask"


And the one that will really scare you...

17.5 Weeks
She's coming to get you!


This last picture is really pretty freaky in picture form.  However, if you were in the room with us when it happened you would've been saying "Awe" as she turned directly towards us and yawned.  It was such a sweet moment and a reminder that she already is a little person.  At this stage in pregnancy all of her organs and parts are formed and she is working on growing bigger and practicing for her entrance into this world.  It's kinda cool if you think about it.  And yes she is practicing, her little kicks have certainly gotten stronger and she seems to be taking up more space than ever before.

I'll go ahead and give a quick update from our checkup yesterday since I'm sure it's not enough to warrant a separate post:  Everything is right on track.  It started off with a glucose screen to see if I might be developing gestational diabetes.  It's totally routine, but I won't know the results of the screen for a few days.  The doctor had absolutely no trouble finding her heartbeat, 156 bmp.  He has also started measuring my fundal height (which is the measurement of my baby bumb).  Right now, I'm measuring slightly large.  He didn't seem to be too concerned about this as I haven't gained more weight than I should, but said it could be the way she was positioned and if not she could be a bigger baby. 

While I want a healthy, strong baby, I'm kinda hoping she's not too big.  I still haven't come to terms with the whole "birthing" process.  In fact at this point, my birth plan is something along the lines of The Sims.  You know a few groans and then the baby appears magically above your head and you just have to catch her while everyone stands around and cheers you on...  I think that is the way to go.  Haha ~ Wishful Thinking right!?!

Anyways, Happy Halloween everyone, thanks for checking in on us!


No comments:

Post a Comment