Wednesday, May 9, 2012

11 Question Tag Up - Better Late than Never

So here's the deal, I was tagged in this post a couple of months ago right after I had Sarah.  I've had every intention of completing it, but like all blog posts in my head, it's managed to get away from me.  There are rules for this tag up, but I am breaking them as I don't have 11 blogging friends, and the blogging friends I do have only post sporadically and probably won't see this.  Jessica from TheParsonageFamily being the exception and the one who included me in this fun questionnaire.  So with that being said, in we go...

The Rules
~You must post the rules
~Post 11 fun facts about yourself
~Answer the 11 questions that the tagger posted for you;
then create 11 questions to ask the people you've tagged
~Tag 11 people and link them in your post
~Let them know you have tagged them

11 Fun Facts about Me:
1.  I love love LOVE to travel.  I love not only going new places, but the process of getting there.  I love road trips, airports, trains, buses, boats/ferries etc.  There's just something about travel days that I really really enjoy.  I also love staying in hotels and just being out of a "normal" routine for awhile.  I also want to do unique things when in a new place.
2.  My eyes are two different colors.  Or really, they're two different shades of hazel, but you can definitely tell.
3.  Pizza and Champagne or Asti are one of the BEST combinations ever.  I love the hot saltiness of the pizza coupled with the the cool sweetness of the champagne or Asti.  Plus pizza just calls for something with bubbles :)
4.  On a related note, I always eat the best tasting food on my plate last.  Therefore I always have a good taste to end on.
5.  I'm not into status symbols or material goods.  However, I'm still aware that some of my things may be sub-par.  For example, I drive a 96 Sable.  Not a bad car, I paid cash for it, it runs great, and gets me to where I need to be.  But if we were going to ride together somewhere and you have a shiny new car, I will always defer to you.  But, I'll offer to pay for all gas expenses, and probably pay for your meal or drink or whatever, so it almost works out...kinda...
6.  3 Men and a Little Lady is probably my all time favorite movie.  I have no idea why this is or what the draw is, but I love it!
7.  I'm scared of whales.  I haven't always been scared of these terrifying creatures, but it's developed over a series of dreams in my adult life.  They started around the time I went off the college and happen whenever I have a major life change approaching.  I had to have my sister play certain parts of a wii game (endless ocean) because there was a whale in the water with me... so NOT okay...
8.  I organize when I shop.  I'm that shopper that puts all of the nail polishes back in their proper place before selecting a color. Mostly I do this with display cases, but I have been known to size order a rack or refold t-shirts.  I always leave the store better than I found it.
9.  I heart boardgames or games in general.
10.  I love seeing peoples handwriting.  One of my favorite things to receive is a hand written note.  I think handwriting is so unique to the person.  I love seeing something and knowing just by looking at it who created it.  (And yes I think that handwriting something out is creating)
11.  I have an expansive Disney animated movie collection.  I don't do all the sequels (with the exception of Lion King 1 1/2 ~ if you haven't watched this one you are missing out!) but I do pick them up as they are released from the vault.  Sarah's gonna have a ball when she's big enough to sit through movies!


Jessica's Questions:
1.  Where would you go if you had an all-expenses paid trip somewhere?  This one is hard as there are so many places I want to see still!  But I'd have to say Norway.  My heritage is heavily Norwegian and I'd love to visit and see that country.  It looks beautiful in pictures!
2.  What do you remember about kindergarten?  There are two things I distinctly remember about kindergarten.  First, that I was put in the wrong class initially and the class I was in did not allow for my daily nap.  I remember losing my cool completely over getting the wrong milk and the next day I was in a different class (I ordered chocolate and received white).  Secondly, I remember playing a silly little game at the water fountains.  There were three drinking spouts attached to a trough and we would sing "Coffee, Tea, Soda Pop, Pee" while pointing to the different spouts.  You did NOT want to get caught drinking out of the "Pee" spout!
3.  Where did you and your spouse go on your first date?  Mike took me to Ted's Montana Grill followed by drinks at Gold Rush and Corner Bar.  We then ended up talking in his car until the wee hours of morning.  We did that a lot our first month dating...
4.  It's 10:30 pm on a weeknight.  What are you doing?  Now that I've had Sarah, you'd find me putting her into her pj's and making her last bottle of the evening.
5.  What did your senior prom dress look like?  It was pretty classic.  It was black, strapless with a fitted bodice and full length A-line skirt.  It had black roses across the top.  I believe I have a picture from prom on my facebook, if so, I'll add it to the end of this post.
6.  If you could instantly be fluent in one language, what would it be?  Probably Italian.  Mainly because that is the language I've come the closest to learning.  Having lived there for almost two years, I was getting ok at speaking it conversationally.
7.  What is the proudest moment of your life?  Before Sarah it was the day I graduated bootcamp.  I felt very privileged and honored to be a part of such a rich tradition.  I couldn't wait to serve my country and I knew it would be a good fit for me.  There's just something about putting on that uniform that makes you stand a little taller.  Now that I've had Sarah, it's easily the moment she was born.  I could not believe how little and perfect she was.  The fact that I have the privilege of being her mom, well I'm pretty proud of that!
8.  Are there any words people say you pronounce funny?  Yes, in high school I got made fun of because I said the word "both" funny.  I'm still not sure exactly how you're supposed to say it...
9.  What do people need to know about you to "really" know you?  First, how to spell my name.  It's JennI (there's no "y" in Jennifer).  Second, that I get really annoyed at smart phones.  I didn't meet up with you to stare at the top of your head because you won't put your phone away.  Occasionally checking the phone is one thing, but having to facebook, check in, twitter, email, text, etc. while visiting with a friend is way too much!!!  Put it on vibrate and tuck it away.  The world won't end because you didn't let your stalkers know exactly where you were and what your doing (end soapbox)
10.  What was your favorite class in college?  Well considering I only completed a year of college before going off to dance for a year.  This narrows my choices, but I'd say English 101.  We wrote a lot of argumentative/persuasive papers in that class, and being a good debater, naturally I excelled.  Present spelling issues aside...
11.  You're craving something salty.  What do you grab?  I don't crave salty very often.  I'm much more of a sweet craving kind of girl... so chips and queso is probably what I'd go for...

If you feel like participating, pretend I tagged you and answer these questions I came up with!

My Own Questions:
1.  Name something on your bucket list.
2.  What is your favorite guilty pleasure food?
3.  What do you do to pamper yourself?
4.  What was your first job?
5.  What is your favorite quote or a quote that really speaks to you?
6.  What color and type of luggage do you use?
7.  If you could choose one super hero power, what would it be?
8.  What is your signature scent (perfume, body spray, your own musk...)?
9.  What website is your biggest time suck?
10.  Tell us about your favorite holiday memory or vacation.
11.  Are you a planner or prefer to only think about now and the next 5 min (I don't know how to phrase this, but you know what I mean ;) )?


What a fun little way to get to know people through blogs.  Thanks Jessica for including me!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for responding on this!

    Did you take down your "Confessions" post? Obviously, I totally understand that ;0) but just wanted to say you are totally normal! I've learned to cope with the jealousy/self-consciousness thing by realizing that for every time I'm jealous of somebody else, there is somebody else out there jealous of me. We all tend to compare ourselves to one another too much.

    For what it's worth, though, when I see Sarah in church, I often think "oh, Sarah always has a bow on. I forgot to put a bow on Claire today. Boo for me." :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem! I took down the post because I wanted to make it a little more abiguous (I don't want to get in hot water with anyone or work ;) ) It's back up now with specifics a little more generalized.

    And the whole bow thing... well, I usually only put bows on her when she's going to be in public and I may or may not have a pouch of bows in her diaper bag for when I forget...

    ReplyDelete