Friday, May 4, 2012

I Hope I Never Forget... 3 Months

Sarah,
You're 3 months old today!  I hope I never forget...

  • How happy you are when you wake up!  You're very "smiley" when you first wake up.
  • Your strength!  You already keep your head level with your body when being pulled to sitting, and often want to continue on to standing.  Happily standing there talking to us while looking around the room.
  • The way you love deep voices.  You smile and are genuinely happy when Daddy, Papa, or Muncle Toddy talk to you
  • How you squeal and coo at random times.  I think it's just to let us know you're happy :D
  • How you "talk" to me everyday when I pick you up. You tell me about all about your day, complete with faces from times when you weren't happy.
  • How hard you're working to figure out your hands.  You'll stare at a toy and can get your hand to it every time, but are still figuring out how to wrap your tiny little fingers around it.
  • The sweet "huh huh" noise you make followed by a big sigh right before you fall asleep.  I take it as "I love you", and I always respond with "I love you too" (This really is one of my favorite memories at this stage)
  • How you really did fit into size 3-6 months, and size 1-2 diapers.  You can still wear both, but we're putting you into size 2 now.
  • The way you absolutely love your big sister.  You look for her when you hear her voice and smile every time she plays with you!
  • How fast you are growing and changing.  Your hair is now filling in everywhere and getting slightly darker than your white blond newborn hair
  • Your cute belly button hernia which makes it look like you have an "outtie"
  • How you hate, hate, HATE tummy time.  It breaks both mommy and daddy's heart to make you do it, but we have to for you to get strong!
  • That your crying sounds like talking.  You'll stop crying the second you realize we know what the problem is and will whimper just enough for us to know the issue is still present without crying.
  • The way your stick that bottom lip out when pouting.  It's the cutest thing!
  • How completely in love you are with any moving mobile.  You are happy as a clam laying there watching the hearts and flowers (swing), jungle animals (changing table) or bugs and butterfly's (Gammy's house) go round and round.  You smile like you're the luckiest baby on earth to have something so special.
  • You sleep right through crowds and loud area's often with the back of your hand pressed to your forehead, but the second it gets silent or too quiet, you wake up.
  • That you NEED skin for comfort.  To have your head against a chest or cheek is your favorite, but will happily settle for a hand if that's all that's available.
  • How you grab a hold of shirt collars when falling asleep as if you never want to part from the person holding you.
  • The way you think you're invisible when your eating.  When you do make eye contact your eyes get really big like you've been discovered.  It's so funny!
  • How you love to play naked for a few minutes after bath time.  You wiggle, smile, and coo until I make you get dressed.
  • How you're a night owl like me and daddy.  You stay awake until 11 pm and won't wake up until around 8-8:30 am, usually just for a diaper change and quick meal before sleeping until 10:30-11.
  • The way your pat your belly/chest or my hand when your eating
  • How you want to see everything and have a hard time settling when there's too much for you to focus on.
  • Your awesome baby smell.
  • The way you love to kick your legs, especially the left one!
But mostly, baby girl, I hope I never forget to note these things that make you uniquely you.  I love you sooo much and am having so much fun rediscovering the world through your eyes.  I'm incredibly proud to be your mommy!! All my love on your 3 month birthday!

~Mommy
Some pictures of you:

Waking up happy
Sweet Sweet Sarah
How do I work these fingers!?
Hey big sister Haley!

I love your deep voice daddy!


I'm 3 months today!

No comments:

Post a Comment