Sunday, June 17, 2012

Daddy Brag

I've been meaning to write this post for sometime now.  I wanted to write it before Sarah was born as a pregnancy thank you, then as a newborn thank you, and now as a general daddy thank you.  In honor of fathers day, I'm writing it now...

I have been blessed to have such a wonderful partner in parenthood and life.  When I was pregnant, Mike made it his mission to make sure I was okay at all times.  He got me whatever food or drink I wanted, would rub my swollen ankles, run interferance when shopping, etc.  He always made sure I was taken care of.  He NEVER ever missed a prenatal appointment or birthing class and reassured me when I needed it. (And trust me, I needed it a lot!)  He really went above and beyond, I couldn't have asked for a better pregnancy expirence!

When I went into labor, he finished packing our bag, carried all of the bags like a pack mule to the hospital room(s).  He encouraged me and was right by my side through the long exhausting day.  I'm thrilled he was the first one of us to hold Sarah.  He took pictures and video's of what I was incapable of seeing so I could expierence those parts later.  Later, in the hospital, he slept on a rock hard couch every night.  He had to tend to Sarah whenever she needed it and change every diaper.  And y'all, he was maxed out.  I couldn't do much of anything on my own at first. He even had to help with nursing. Because I had to suppliment, he had to help with setting up the feeding contraption that we used, clean pump parts and feeding tubes.  You know, just a lot of tedious work. 
He made all of the arrangements for us to get her bassinet to the apartment, cleaned and organized all of the shower presents that were strewn about our room.  He did all of the shopping for us the first 2 months. And when I say all shopping, I mean ALL shopping.  He kept us well stocked on anything we needed. Even went so far as to cut coupons and price shop different places to make sure we got the best deal.  He cooked every meal and made sure there were easy to open and eat snacks where I could get to them.  He really did go above and beyond and I appreciated his love and foresight through those first couple months.

Now that I've gone back to work and it's summer break, Mike watches the kids every day.  He keeps Haley and Sarah and often other kids throughout the week.  I never have to worry about my baby being at day care and know that she is being taken care of by someone who loves her just as much as I do!  As if these things weren't enough to nominate him for Daddy of the Year, there's the other stuff...

Mike is selfless when it comes to Haley and Sarah.  There is NOTHING he wouldn't do for them!  He loves the two of them for their individuality and uniqueness.  He is so full of love for them and it's obvious when you see him interact with them.  He's stern when it's called for, and loving all the rest of the time.  Even when I know he's tired and would rather not have to change that huge poop diaper or get up at 3 am, the second he looks at Sarah's little face his softens and he commits to what needs to be done.
I feel like this post is a bit rambling... All I know is I'm lucky to be with such a man and Sarah and Haley are lucky to have him as a daddy.  We know he's in our corner and wouldn't take on the world without him!  Thank you for loving us the way you do.  We love you Michael!

No comments:

Post a Comment