Monday, June 11, 2012

San Francisco Video/Photo recap

Here's the scoop with this video... I should just leave well enough alone... but I have to say something here because UGH! I'm just so frustrated with editing it.  So first off, I am not a video type person and this just goes to prove it!  It took me so long to get this edited the way I wanted it and insert nifty little title slides and whatnot, find the perfect song and get the whole thing to run in the perfect amount of time.  So I finish it upload it to YouTube only for it to be blocked worldwide for copyright infringements.  Now, obviously the song I wanted to play in the background was copyrighted and I put links to where you could purchase it should you like it, and clearly stated in the credits the song stats.  But that is clearly not enough.  Okay, I'll just delete it.  I don't want a lawsuit over this slide show.  So then I noticed that YouTube has it own nifty little video editor with hundreds of songs you can use for free.  So I was like okay, I'll just use one of theirs because let's face it, a slide show of still pictures is bor-ing!  So I took off the credits and song from my video and re-uploaded it.  But the YouTube editor stinks!  I constantly get errors and it's not easy to work with.  I'm shocked I even got a song to play on it from their editing tool.  So there is a song playing with it, and it is a song I picked out of their library...  But it's not how I would've wanted it to be should the tools be working properly.  (And yeah, I guess it could be user error on the YouTube tools, but seriously, errored out EVERYtime!)
Anyway, here is the video, imagine the song starting later and lasting until the end and the pictures matching up to the proper parts of the song... I hope you enjoy!




Um about this video, we went to my brother's wedding in the bay area of California back in April.  We kinda used his wedding as an excuse to have our first family vacation.  We weren't there for that long, but we made the most of it with jam packed days!  Sarah and Haley both traveled marvelously and we couldn't have asked for better weather while we were there.  The wedding was beautiful and I am so excited that Jen is now apart of our family.  I wish her and my brother (otherwise known as Team JH2) all the happiness in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment